In a couple of projects this trimester (2014 T3), a number of students wanted to profile a range of online profiles linked to a single individual. The simplest way to do that is to insert links but here is a more sophisticated solution: embed a frame!
and there may be other creative possibilities for this …
For an example, take a look at this demo site: http://newhive.com/alleykat/testing-iframes-code
Here is how it is done:
- Or you could amend the code above to include the link that you want, or you could use an html code generator such as this: http://www.htmlbasix.com/iframe.shtml
- Go to your NewHive edit window
- paste the code into the Insert Embed window
- Save & Publish: http://newhive.com/alleykat/testing-iframes-code
- A couple of notes:
- I’ve had issues with some kinds of web sites not working with the iframes insert. I am not sure what the issue is yet. Make sure you don’t have any spaces or errors in your url address.